Job Title: Full- Time, Administrative Assistant for the New Castle County Office
Reports to: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant oversees the day-to-day administrative support for The Cancer Support Community DE staff, board, and facility.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Answering phones and handling inquiries from the general public in a confident and friendly manner.
- Provides customer service regarding CSCDE services, locations and programs.
- Greets cancer participants, caregivers and acquaints them with CSCDE programs and facility.
- Works with all staff and volunteers as needed in-person and online.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of minutes, financials and other pertinent information to the Board of Directors.
- Assists with the preparation of online media and programs through Canva and Constant Contact.
- Updates volunteer manual; supervises volunteers; recognizes volunteers for support.
- Attends health fair, conferences and community programs as needed.
- Helps to maintain CSCDE House and assists in room preparation for in-house groups and helps maintain quarterly maintenance contracts.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of bulk mailing guidelines
- Ability to handle confidential issues with support and assistance for our participants
- Supervision, including working with volunteers
- Decision making skills
- Knowledge of computer software a must: Word, Excel, Constant Contact, Canva, Outlook, Zoom and comfortable with use of social media platforms.
Please send resume to attention: [email protected], please no phone calls.