Job Title: Cancer Support Community Delaware: Sussex County Development Associate
(View as PDF)
Reports To: Executive Director of Cancer Support Community Delaware
The Cancer Support Community Delaware (CSCDE) seeks a full-time Development Associate with a passion for
helping people who are affected by cancer. The Development Associate oversees the fundraising activities for the Sussex County office of the Cancer Support Community Delaware. In addition to raising funds, the position includes hands-on management of event planning and coordination, and grant-writing assistance for the Sussex County office. The Development Associate will expand the Sussex County development program by meeting targeted financial goals. In coordination with the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for prospecting new and managing existing relationships with institutional funding sources (including foundations, corporations, and government agencies), as well as with individual donors, members and volunteers.
- Oversee planning, organizing, executing and evaluating all fundraising and special events to include at least two major fundraising events each year, third party beneficiary events, and other programming that advances the Cancer Support Community’s profile, reach, and mission in Sussex County.
- Create and execute event plans that identify key staff and volunteer roles, meet budgetary goals, and are
completed within established timelines.
- Develop strong networks within the local community, cold call or develop and grow prospects for potential
income streams, event sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinate all logistics and fundraising materials for donor-related events, including friend-raisers and
other cultivation opportunities.
- Responsible for helping to identify new donors and organizing initiatives to solicit funding and
- Help to continue to write the current grants and identify new opportunities for the Sussex County office.
- Assist with the Annual Appeal for the Sussex County Office
- Passion for the Cancer Support Community’s mission
- Dynamic and experienced development professional with ability to work and connect with a diverse
constituency of businesses and community groups
- Proven record of fundraising success
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Robust knowledge of fundraising program building, donor acquisition, research, cultivation, organization, stewardship, and management
- In-depth event planning experience
- Ability to understand and create budgets and other financial documents
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a small, open office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities; especially ability to prioritize and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is necessary
- Events are hosted throughout Sussex County, so Development Associate must have reliable transportation
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven development/fundraising experience in the non-profit field
Please send Resume’s to attention of Nicole Pickles, Executive Director, email@example.com